Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in water features and recreational aquatics. The Payroll & Labor Compliance Supervisor will directly be responsible for processing weekly payroll for both office and field employees, on salary and hourly pay, located throughout California, including multiple trades for prevailing wage public works jobs.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Run full-cycle weekly payroll, with certified payroll reports
- Confirm proper wage and fringe rates based on California State and Local Prevailing, Davis Bacon, PLA or other governing rate structure
- Manage fringes, contributions, deductions, garnishes, etc., including for 401K, medical, sick days, vacation days, paid holidays
- Submit weekly payroll reports by LCP Tracker and other methods; run and calculate OCIP reports
- Provide job cost and labor management reports, actual and versus budgets
- Assist in audits of workers compensation and others
- Oversee relationship with outside payroll processing vendor, especially for quarterly and annual reports and agency/regulatory filings
- Communicate with employees regarding questions or concerns
- Create, improve, and manage systems and policies and procedures for Company payroll and compliance issues.
- Strong working knowledge of rules and regulations for prevailing wage, Davis Bacon, PLA and related wage rates
- Excellent math and Excel skills
- Flexible and self-starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech in order to communicate with Colleagues, Agencies, Vendors, Customers, and Subcontractors.
Experience and Education:
- At least five (5) years of direct, hands-on experience in a similar role with a construction, contractor, or engineering firm
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly preferred
- Experience with Foundation (aka FoundationSoft) accounting software a major plus, but not required; experience with other accounting programs ok
- Proficient in in Microsoft office suite of products (in addition to Excel, Outlook and Word; Project and Power Point a plus), as well as Docusign, and Adobe products.
- Active State of California notary license a plus but not required.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation:
Highly competitive salary DOE.
Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays.
401(K) with up to 8% Company Match.
Medical and dental benefits.
Paid life insurance, and more.
Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post-offer.
To apply, simply fill out the Contact Form below and attach your resume. Please be sure to include both your email and daytime or cell phone number. We will respond to qualified applicants only, by telephone, so please remember to include your daytime number for a call back.
Thank you for your interest.