WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR ONE OR MORE ESTIMATORS WITH VARYING LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE WITH COMMERCIAL AND PUBLIC WORKS BIDDING FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF WATER FEATURES, FOUNTAINS, SWIMMING POOLS, AQUATIC FACILITIES OR LAKES.
Applicants for this position will have a minimum of two (2) years of experience–but may have many more years of experience–in a bidding capacity as an Estimator for a construction company, with direct experience overseeing or specializing in at least one of the following trades: aquatics, to include water features, fountains, swimming pools and related recreational water systems; mechanical or industrial plumbing systems; or other similar trades.
The Estimator is responsible for the production of cost estimates to include the assessment of plans, specifications, project documents, drawings, and addendums to ensure we successfully bid the project accurately. The Estimator will work closely with a Senior Estimator and with our Business Development team to assist in obtaining new contract awards, for both public works and private sector customers, throughout the State of California, and beyond.
Salary is open and DOE. Relocation assistance available for highly-qualified, experienced Senior-Level candidates.
Summary of Primary Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Construction Engineering Management, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of formal training and experience in either an engineering or construction capacity of the following trades: aquatics to include pools and water features; mechanical or industrial plumbing systems; and/or structural concrete.
- Highly proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project.
- Comprehensive understanding of earthwork, structural and decorative concrete, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, waterproofing and architectural finishes.
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), as well as Adobe and Bluebeam.
- CAD experience is not required but will be considered a plus. Experience with Foundation accounting software also a plus and is also not required.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage your personal bid schedule and achieve strict deadlines on multiple projects concurrently.
- Attend job and other pre-bid walks; communicate with owners, GC’s, CM’s, and other entities during the bidding process; create RFI’s as necessary.
- Read, understand and synthesize blueprints, specifications and statements of work.
- Locate and qualify subcontractors; prepare subcontractor bid packages, transmitting addenda and other bid information in a timely manner.
- Identify and contact vendors to obtain equipment and material quotes.
- Estimate specific and precise quantities across various trades.
- Identify and label specific job site conditions and/or exclusions.
- Use your creativity and resourcefulness, and value engineering ideas, on every project.
- Provide leadership on project turnover and pre-construction assistance.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation:
- Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays
- 401(K) with up to 8% Company match
- Medical and dental benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, and more
Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post offer.