We are California Waters; industry-leading artisans specializing in breathtaking water features and commercial aquatics. By delivering cutting edge design coupled with outstanding construction and service excellence, we capture the beauty, magic and mystery of water for all to enjoy — we bring water to life.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Tile and Coping Installer. Must be able to level and install pre-cast and stone coping/veneer, ceramic, glass, and other types of tile material on new commercial pools and the renovation of existing pools.
We build and renovate pools of all shapes and sizes to include skimmer style and rim flow pools, spas and water features. We perform commercial and public work throughout Southern California.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Knowledge of tile setting materials, methods used and well as tools needed for specific jobs.
- Read and follow blueprints precisely in order to perform coping/tile layout to achieve accurate finish and water level elevations.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straight edges.
- Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern.
- Cut and trim coping/tile and shape material in order to properly ensure the material is installed around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools.
- Form up coping/tile mortar beds by mixing, applying and spreading concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or other types of mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushed and trowels.
- Prepare various surfaces for the application of tile over waterproofing systems or other materials.
- Create and install decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in high-end water features and pools.
- 5+ years of experience as a tile setter in commercial pools and water features.
- Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Certified Tile Installer (CTI) by CTEF considered a plus but not required.
- Current OSHA 10 training certification considered a plus but not required.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation.
- Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays.
- 401(K) with up to 8% Company match.
- Medical, dental and vision plans.
- Company-paid life insurance, and more.
Please apply with your resume for a confidential review and response to qualified candidates.
Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post offer.
Thank you for your interest. California Waters is an EOE.