Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in water features and recreational aquatics.
At California Waters, we are preparing for even more work in the coming months and have the opportunity to grow our staff at our Orange County, California office, in Yorba Linda. We are aggressively hiring for experienced construction experts in our field of fountains, water features, fountains, swimming pools, splash pads, lakes, rockwork, architectural concrete, special effects and related areas.
Our existing team consists of knowledgeable and respected estimators, designers, engineers, project managers and field personnel who specialize in design, value engineering, construction services, and post construction maintenance and repair services. We are looking to add skilled candidates with multiple full-time positions available now.
The Fabrication Manager is responsible for supervising production, assembly, scheduling, quality control and delivery for a wide variety of products and parts, in our own shop in Yorba Linda, and with outside contractors.
Applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years of experience directly supervising other employees in a manufacturing and/or fabrication workshop. The ideal candidate will possess direct personal experience in machining and assembling parts made from PVC pipe, stainless steel, brass; experience with copper and wood also a major plus.
The Fabrication Manager creates and manages work flow processes and controls to ensure production is maximized at its lowest cost while being delivered within required project timelines. This position is responsible for working with the Engineering department to develop new product lines, manage custom product development, and increase production on current product lines, while reducing operational costs and maintaining an excellent quality level.
- Organize and manage the weekly production schedule.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse team to ensure inventory is stocked for production.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing team to ensure parts are ordered and received in time for scheduled production.
- Meet with the Engineering staff on existing product lines to review quality, production rates, and production costs.
- Meet with the Engineering staff and Project Managers to develop and test new products to market to our Estimating and Project Management teams.
- Responsible for insuring that all shop employees follow documented instructions given on the shop orders in order to control product quality throughout the fabrication process.
- Analyze shop drawings and work orders to plan layout and assembly for custom products on a per project basis.
- Track labor and material resources to each product and project.
- Create and manage product inspection systems as part of the quality performance asurance program.
- Track and report monthly product returns and/or deficiencies.
- Create and manage annual tooling and machinery budget.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; must be fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position working in a manufacturing and/or fabrication workshop.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing and/or fabrication workshop.
- Knowledge of ISO manufacturing requirements considered a plus.
- Must have demonstrated experience working successfully in a high paced environment with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation. Highly competitive salary DOE, with bonuses, Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays, 401K with 8% Company Match, medical and dental benefits, paid life insurance and more. Mandatory drug and physical screening post-offer. California Waters is an EOE.