We are looking for candidates statewide – candidates from Arizona and Nevada are encouraged to apply
California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in recreational aquatics. We are aggressively hiring experienced construction professionals in our field of fountains, water features, swimming pools, splash pads, lakes, streams, rockwork and other aquatic features.
Our existing team consists of knowledgeable and reputable designers, engineers, estimators, project managers and repair managers who specialize in design, value engineering, construction and post construction maintenance services. We have multiple full-time positions available now.
WE HAVE MULTIPLE OPENINGS STATEWIDE RIGHT NOW FOR SUPERINTENDENTs & Foremen
- Our main office is in Yorba Linda in Orange County, CA, but our work and the jobsites you will manage are located statewide.
- Relocation assistance available for highly qualified candidates.
- Candidates from across California, Arizona and Nevada are encouraged to apply
The Project Superintendent/Foremen is a critical position within the California Waters organization. Project Superintendents/Foremen are responsible for the supervision and management of all aspects of each construction project from mobilization through punch list and demobilization, including communication and interaction with project management staff members regarding the project’s production schedule and budget, all while managing client relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of all trades and crafts.
- Strong organizational skills, flexible, and contains the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Ability to handle multiple small to medium sized projects at the same time.
- Must be able to deliver under pressure and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to interpret submittal packages and ensure quality control processes on the jobsite.
- A clear understanding of how RFI’s and COR’s are identified, issued, processed, tracked, and recorded.
- Familiarity with local, state and federal building codes and regulations.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Leadership abilities and the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate using electronic mail effectively.
- Availability to work extended hours as required by weather conditions or urgent circumstances.
- Ability to travel throughout all areas of construction sites during all phases of a project.
- Ability to lift heavy objects as encountered in the work environment.
- Ability to raise, lower and climb various types of ladders.
- The applicant must display strong math and analytical skills.
- The applicant must be highly proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project.
- Intermediate level of creating and understanding Gantt style project scheduling.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) is a major plus but not required.
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry in a supervisory role
- Pool and Water Feature / Fountain construction experience
- Commercial and Public/Municipal experience
- Experience in mechanical, concrete, forming, trenching, plumbing, and electrical
- Must be able to read plans and take-offs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Project, Power Point, and Word) and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam a plus but not required
- OSHA 30 hour training certification along with CPR and First Aid certification
- Clean driver’s license
COMPENSATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation. Highly competitive salary DOE, with medical, dental, life insurance, bonuses, paid personal time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with 8% Company Match, company cell phone, company truck and gas card, and more.
Must be experienced, be able to lift 50 lb over your head, pass drug test and physical screening post-offer before starting work, have full documentation for right to work and have a valid driver’s license.
If you don’t have a resume, simply fill out the Contact form and put your experience in the Cover Letter field. You can also fax us your resume to 949-528-0910 with a cover letter that says “Attention: HR” Please be sure to include your email and cell phone number. We will only be able to reply to candidates invited for an interview due to the volume of replies.