Yorba Linda construction company has an immediate full‐time position open for experienced individual who can fulfill the primary role of Payroll and Labor Compliance Specialist, but also possesses the talent and desire to handle the complimentary but dual role of Contract Administrator. The Contract Administrator role is involved in all aspects of contract administration, providing support for contract agreements, project labor agreements (PLA), labor compliance, subcontractors, insurance certificates, preliminary lien filings, business licenses, bonds, and more from pre‐construction activities through the closeout process on all projects.
Payroll and Labor Compliance Specialist
* Process payroll and prevailing wages for 50+ employees on a weekly basis.
* Perform all labor compliance duties associated with public work, ie. preparing and submitting certified payroll reports, updating prevailing wage rates and fringes for various trades, uploading weekly payrolls to the DIR, preparing fringe benefit statements, DAS 140’s, DAS 142’s etc.
* Prepare and calculate special checks routinely and/or on demand, i.e., termination pay, etc.
* Process new hires and terminations.
* Audit timekeeping for completeness and accuracy.
* Review and reconcile all accruals for accuracy and ensure that all regular reporting is completed in a timely manner.
* Prepare and submit payroll tax deposits, 401k deposits, and fringe benefit deposits.
* Answer general questions regarding payroll and paycheck inquires.
* Work with field personnel, site supervision and project managers on a daily basis to complete timesheets and to satisfy all labor compliance requirements.
* Support site supervision and project management with reports and job status analysis.
* Handle recruiting and on‐boarding activities.
* Coordinate employee benefits such as insurance and 401k including notifying employees of available benefits and setting up voluntary deductions.
* Maintain accurate and complete personnel employment records which fulfill legal, corporate and general business requirements for up‐to‐date employee information.
* Review, redline, and process all contract agreements for all divisions provided by Customers (General Contractor and/or Agency and/or Developer/Owner/Property Manager).
* Oversee contract and subcontract document controls. Coordinate the negotiation, execution and monitoring/compliance of all contracts.
* Formulate and process all subcontractor agreement packages within two days of issuance from a Project Manager.
* Process, acquire and distribute all required project and customer‐specific insurance certificates and endorsements including OCIP/CCIP enrollment and processing required across all divisions.
* Acquire, review, approve, save and scan all subcontractors/suppliers project specific insurance certificates and endorsements as required.
*Acquire, review, approve, save and scan all labor compliance contract/subcontract documents as required and communicate the missing documents to labor compliance, accounting and project management.
* Maintain a project specific digital file storage system for all contracts, change orders, etc., as required.
* Process, acquire, track and renew all required business licenses.
* Communicate with the Accounting department regarding monthly project specific billing deadlines and OCIP/CCIP requirements.
* Process and acquire all performance, material, and payment bonds as required per project and requested by the Project Manager; assist Pre‐Construction department with bid bonds as required.
* Initiate and/or conduct meetings with contractors/subcontractors concerning contractual problems as request by the Project Manager.
* Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity of any kind.
* Process and file all Prelims, per project.
* Produce professionally written correspondence on own accord and as directed by management.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
* Minimum of 5 years construction payroll experience in public works or a union environment
* Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state tax, local and labor laws specific to construction and public work
* Experience with Foundation and/or Timberline accounting programs highly desired
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word (emphasis on Excel spreadsheets)
* Pronounced commitment to detail
* Exceptional multitasking abilities, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast‐paced environment all while delivering results under pressure and meeting project deadlines
* Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi‐disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both verbal and written)
* Fluency in Spanish a plus
* $70,000 ‐ $85,000/year
* Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision options, 401k with company match, paid time off, paid holidays and bonus eligibility
Only candidates with construction payroll experience will be considered.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background, physical screening and substance abuse test. This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Some remote work available due to COVID.
Experience: Construction payroll: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Company’s website: www.californiawaters.com
Work Remotely: No
Thank you for your interest. California Waters is an EOE.
Please apply with your resume for a confidential review and response to qualified candidates.