Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in water features and recreational aquatics.
The Contracts Administrator will direct, or be involved in, all aspects of contract administration by providing support to all divisions for contract agreements, project labor agreements, labor compliance, subcontractors, insurance certificates, preliminary lien filings, business licenses, bonds, and more. The candidate will work day to day with our Project Managers and their Project Engineers, from pre-construction activities through the closeout process, on all projects.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Review, redline, and process all contract agreements for all divisions provided by Customers (General Contractor and/or Agency and/or Developer/Owner/Property Manager)
- Oversee contract and subcontract document controls. Coordinate the negotiation, execution and monitoring/compliance of all contracts
- Process, acquire and distribute all required project and customer-specific insurance certificates and endorsements including OCIP/CCIP enrollment and processing required across all divisions
- Acquire, review, approve, and manage all subcontractors/suppliers project specific insurance certificates and endorsements as required; as well as all labor compliance contract/subcontract documents
- Maintain a project specific digital file storage system for all contracts, change orders, etc., as required
- Process, acquire, track and renew all required business licenses
- Process and acquire all performance, material, and payment bonds as required per project and requested by the Project Manager; assist Pre-Construction department with bid bonds as required
- Process and file all Prelims, per project.
- Strong working knowledge of customary construction contract language and provisions (prime contracts, subcontract agreements, project labor agreements, labor compliance, etc.)
- Skill in managing the review, negotiation and execution of contracts involving general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and others
- Experience managing all aspects of work flow and contracts regarding construction projects (change orders, lien wavers/releases, etc.)
- Flexible and self starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech in order to communicate with Customers, Subcontractors, Agencies and colleagues.
Experience and Education:
- At least five (5) years of direct, hands-on experience in a similar role with a construction, contractor, or engineering firm
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Proficient in in Microsoft office suite of products (Outlook, Excel and Word; Project and Power Point a plus), as well as Docusign, and Adobe products
- Active State of California notary license.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation:
Highly competitive salary DOE.
Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays.
401(K) with up to 8% Company Match.
Medical and dental benefits.
Paid life insurance, and more.
Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post-offer.
To apply, simply fill out the Contact Form below and attach your resume. Please be sure to include both your email and daytime or cell phone number. We will respond to qualified applicants only, by telephone, so please remember to include your daytime number for a call back.
Thank you for your interest.