We have immediate multiple openings for the role of Assistant Project Manager, responsible for providing project support to the Company’s Project Management team and the field.
You will be responsible for providing project support to the project manager, general superintendent, project superintendents and estimating division as needed. You will be the liaison between our company’s design and engineering and pre-construction divisions, outside architects and consultants, subcontractors and the field construction teams, using your skills to process and manage RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, job costing, procurement, project scheduling and change orders. You will work on multiple concurrent commercial and public works construction projects throughout California which are at varying stages of completion. Salary is open and DOE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Construction Engineering Management, or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of formal training, combined with field experience, with an engineering or construction-based firm.
- Highly proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project.
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint). Experience with Bluebeam or Acrobat DC (Pro) also a plus.
- CAD experience is not required but will be considered a plus. Experience with Foundation accounting software also a plus but also not required.
- Pre-qualify subcontractor bids including quantity takeoff and unit cost comparisons. Process subcontractor agreement packages. Provide updated subcontractor and project information, including revised/delta drawings.
- Mange the submittal process.
- Prepare pre-construction and project close out checklist and documentation.
- Attend jobsite meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Prepare RFI’s and estimates for change orders, and maintain their logs.
- Review and forecast job costing profitability. Assist with monthly project billings and project related accounting issues.
- Pull multiple permits from multiple agencies per project.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation.
- Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays.
- 401(K) with up to 8% Company match.
- Medical, dental and vision plans.
- Company-paid life insurance, and more.
Please apply with your resume for a confidential review and response to qualified candidates. Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post offer. Thank you for your interest. California Waters is an EOE.